Ripping for Final Cut

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
KenshinsongX
Org Profile

Ripping for Final Cut

Post by KenshinsongX » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:07 am

I posted a thread a few months ago about a problem I was having with ripping a dvd and making it editable (DBZ season 2, ntsc anamorphic 16:9, 23.976 fps). I'm trying to prepare it for import into Final Cut on a mac but there are no guides for this.

Someone referred me to this guide http://www.ishtori.net/index.php?id=15 but I ran into a lot of problems with converting my VOBs to the right codec as a mov. The applications in that guide also wouldn't resize my footage and one wouldn't even display (it said it required apple's quicktime mpeg2 playback component).

Does anyone know of a better guide? Thank you.

KenshinsongX
Org Profile

Post by KenshinsongX » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:37 pm

I downloaded the playback component and now I can open the VOBs in MPEG Streamclip but the dv files it outputs are 9GB and completely unusable in my editor. I tried exporting as other video types and it only caused problems like frames replaying.

I have a fast machine and it should be able to handle this. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions for working with dv?

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”