How to swap inbetween multiple scenes quickly but smoothly?

exkcal
Org Profile

How to swap inbetween multiple scenes quickly but smoothly?

Post by exkcal » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:56 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/386a91s22da78ku/test.mp4
(This is mostly just practice work)

Are cross fades to best way to do this? I am trying to sync 4-6 quarter of a second clips together and I am not sure the best way to make them sync correctly. Should I just make the crossfade larger or is there a trick I can use in Vegas to achieve better results.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Re: How to swap inbetween multiple scenes quickly but smoothly?

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:41 pm

Generally, you would use crossfades to convey a change in time and/or location, leaving them less suited for fast-paced material, especially if you're using 1/4s clips. Personally, I'd just stick with straight cuts.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

exkcal
Org Profile

Post by exkcal » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:19 pm

Dr. Derpface, J.D. wrote:Generally, you would use crossfades to convey a change in time and/or location, leaving them less suited for fast-paced material, especially if you're using 1/4s clips. Personally, I'd just stick with straight cuts.
Good tips, i am still messing with it. Thanks!

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:27 am

From the multi-anime amvs I've seen it's more about trying to match action, camera movement, coloring of the scene to kind of help flow the sources together. AMV log actually has a great tutorial on how to achive flow up on youtube and the example that they use to show this is of a multi-anime source amv made by Vivfx and she mentions alot of this. Could be worth checking out if not to help with your transitions between multiple shows then it may also give you insite on other things editing wise.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”