How to fix this video artifact?

blaze077
Org Profile

How to fix this video artifact?

Post by blaze077 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:43 am

I was trying to encode a .ts file and I saw an artifact which I don't know what to call:

There are 2 mouths in the video. 0_0
This is something that is in the .ts file itself. I checked by simply loading the video into Avisynth and going through the frames. Is there some way to fix this?

Thank you.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: How to fix this video artifact?

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Photoshop.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

blaze077
Org Profile

Post by blaze077 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:35 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Photoshop.
Oh, I see. I asked someone else and he said using masks but I won't try getting into that for a day or two cause I have no idea what masks are, what they do and how to use them. Avisynth is so hard. >.<
Inserting images hopefully should be easy. Will try tomorrow. Thank you. :D

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:24 am

You could use masks, but Photoshop would probably be easier and look more natural to rebuild the frames if it's not many.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

blaze077
Org Profile

Post by blaze077 » Sun May 15, 2016 12:57 am

Could you show me how to do this through masks? I still don't know what masks are and where they are used so this would also help me understand how to use them. I cut out the part of the video that had this artifact which was around 2 seconds or so.

Link

Thank you. :)

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun May 15, 2016 8:53 am

A mask is simply a overlay or a 2nd layer. So you will need to create a 2nd layer and cut out everything from it except the character's mouth (you may actually need his whole head in this situation though. Then you put this second layer on top of the first layer so that it lines up with his body and covers the 2nd mouth during the times when its over his face. Then, you will need to do the same thing for the trees. Make a 2nd layer that has just a part of the trees, and place it over the other layers so that they cover the mouth when its not on the character.

This is actually pretty easy, but if you have no experience in masking, this may be a little difficult and confusing the first time. Honestly, it may not even be worth the effort. Is this scene so important in your video that you absolutely must use it? It seems that you have been trying to solve this problem for a really long time.

blaze077
Org Profile

Post by blaze077 » Sun May 15, 2016 12:11 pm

kireblue wrote:A mask is simply a overlay or a 2nd layer. So you will need to create a 2nd layer and cut out everything from it except the character's mouth (you may actually need his whole head in this situation though. Then you put this second layer on top of the first layer so that it lines up with his body and covers the 2nd mouth during the times when its over his face. Then, you will need to do the same thing for the trees. Make a 2nd layer that has just a part of the trees, and place it over the other layers so that they cover the mouth when its not on the character.

This is actually pretty easy, but if you have no experience in masking, this may be a little difficult and confusing the first time. Honestly, it may not even be worth the effort. Is this scene so important in your video that you absolutely must use it? It seems that you have been trying to solve this problem for a really long time.
Oh, I understand what a mask is now. What you told me to do is still kinda confusing though. Image

The video is not something that I need to use but I just want to learn how to do this so that I can fix problems like these next time myself. :)

Return to “Video & Audio Help”