Any way I can speed up my compression?

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
EvaFan
Org Profile

Re: Any way I can speed up my compression?

Post by EvaFan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:27 am

Your a piece of work hatter, you wouldn't have even known he was upscaling unless I'd asked. It's ok though bro, ima do everyone a favor and not post my wrong answers anymore on this forum. It's more trouble giving advice around here than its worth with you around. I'm assuming thats why most of the regulars that used to offer help stopped posting here as well.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:42 am

I should point out that we're pretty sure he's not Hatter, though I admit I certainly thought the same thing at first.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:12 am

Hatter? Am I missing something there? I only registered because a few of the IRC regulars asked me to answer some questions. I can't see why I'd make people leave given the usual people with good advice are still around or as far as I can tell no longer making AMVs at all. It's not really my fault that most amvers can't encode and give horrendous suggestions for doing it wrong.

As far as this thread goes, I never mentioned that my filtering recommendation was based around upscaling, just removal of inefficient code and a bit of filter shuffling, which speeds a lot of things up. Once upscaling was mentioned, I also gave a suggestion on a nice way to do it. None of which constitutes the flaming you've thrown around. There are most definitely right and wrong ways to use avs and anyone who says otherwise hasn't been using it much. This entire thread reeks of trying to prove self-worth instead of just allowing people who actually know what they're talking about to handle it. As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing worse than an idiot who's convinced he knows best.

With that, see above posts for what actually answers the OP's question and there is no need to continue this thread unless he requires further information.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”