Read the problem.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
EvaFan
Org Profile

Read the problem.

Post by EvaFan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:55 pm

I has problem.

First of all. PowerDVD will play the dvd just fine from start to end. There is no discolored macroblocks or signs of bad encoding.

Now the problem:
DVDdecrypter says there is 192 bad sectors on the disc. Ok thats no biggy. So I skip all the errored sectors. The whole Vob file that contained the errors has horrid discolored macroblocks and all the signs of a bad encode, however, Powerdvd plays it just fine so that cannot be the case...

I can't manually copy the vob file from the disc to my drive cause i get the cyclic redundancy error (to be expected...).

So i'm at a loss... It doesn't make sense to me that PowerDVD can play the vob fine without errors yet for some reason the vob cant be ripped properly by dvddecrypter.

Any ideas?
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:08 pm

try a different decrypter, dvdfab seems to be either the secondary (or primary) choice of most editors

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:42 pm

Kariudo wrote:try a different decrypter, dvdfab seems to be either the secondary (or primary) choice of most editors
Thx for that, I'll keep that in mind next time something like this happens.

Fortunently I was lucky... I applied some strong lens cleaning solution to the dvd and wiped with a cotton cloth. It decrypted fine after that. What's strange is the dvd had just been removed from the box and had no signs of beind dirty... Just goes to show you that one spec of dust is all it takes i guess...

I'll keep that program incase i ever have problems with dvddecrypter.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”