Help! Video Question(s)

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
Mistypearl
Org Profile

Help! Video Question(s)

Post by Mistypearl » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:37 pm

Hey, so I'm new. Please don't rip my head off, but I really want to make anime music videos, but I really need help capturing video. My current project(s) are my first amv's, and I have my whole plan mapped out, but I don't know how to get video for it! (Which, despite me being new at this, I think video might be just a TAD important for an amv, you know? :] ) I have a dvd set of Princess Tutu, for my video selection, and I have a screen recorder that I tried to use, but the video quality was below par, and choppy. I tried looking at the help topics, but my simple, little brain got confused. =[ It happens. So what I'm pretty much asking is help in how to get/capture/whatever the video clips so that I may partake in the amv making! Thank you so much for helping a lame noob like me!! :/
"Why inside me?" "Because you are twisted due to your inferiority complex." - Wedding Peach Awesomeness

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:51 pm

Grab the AMVapp, then learn how to use it.

Yes, that guide seems very daunting at first, but trust me, it's well worth it.

And thank you, thank you, thank you for being a newbie (that's not a bad descriptor) that wants to use DVD source instead of downloaded source! Cookie for you. :3

The specific program for ripping will be DVD Decrypter, btw. That guide has a page for that program, which is located here.

Oh, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your signature is too large.
Forum Rules wrote:3. Forum signatures shall have no greater total dimensions than 600 pixels wide and 80 pixels high or four lines of normal-sized text (font size 12). You may have multiple images in your signature, but no single image may exceed 600 pixels in length or 40 pixels in height or be greater than 100 kb in size. Any signature exceeding these total dimensions or any single image that goes beyond the aforementioned limits may be removed or altered without warning.

And feel free to ask other questions as they arise. And welcome to the .org. ;)
... yea ...

Mistypearl
Org Profile

Post by Mistypearl » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:25 pm

Haha, seriously no problem. I'm a mod at another site, and I'll constantly reminded of having to tell people that their desktop background-sized signature is too long xD I removed it, I will make a cool small one! ;D Thanks for the help, and yes, the guide made me feel really lame, and uneducated. Looool. Oh well, one step closer to actually making a video! Thanks again!!
"Why inside me?" "Because you are twisted due to your inferiority complex." - Wedding Peach Awesomeness

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”