PC Game Capturing and Screencapping

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

PC Game Capturing and Screencapping

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:59 pm

Are there any good free video capture programs for snagging scenes from PC games?

I know that this has been brought up already several times, but after doing a forum search, I see that it's been more than a year since the last relevant post. Thus, I'm wondering if there have been any breakthroughs since then.

If that fails, are there any good free screencap programs that I could use with PC games?

What I mean by that is that Prnt Scrn/Paint and/or Photoshop is a little unwieldy for me. I don't like having to Alt-Tab out of my game every time I want to paste a picture. I'd like a program that would allow me to just hit a button repeatedly to take many screencaps during scenes. If something like that even exists, it would be great.

Since most programs seem to be directed at capturing video that you can open in said programs, I'm finding my search for good VG capturing to be fruitless. Help?

- Jen

PS: I know that FRAPS does both of these functions quite well, but I was hoping to avoid a pricetag. If all else fails, I may have to break down and just get it, though.

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:05 pm

I know you said you don't really wanna spend the money on fraps, but that's the only thing I can think of.

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:48 pm

You could try CamStudio. Dunno how friendly it is with games, though.
... yea ...

RonnieDaking
Org Profile

Post by RonnieDaking » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:50 am

you can try taksi

here a link

http://taksi.sourceforge.net/

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”