I wish scientists would just make up their mind.

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
treman
Org Profile

I wish scientists would just make up their mind.

Post by treman » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:26 pm

They say one thing yesterday, then they refute their theory and say something different. One will say "I have a breakthrough, I have found the missing link between man and monkey". Next years someone will say "No, you were wrong, this is the real missing link". I mean this has been going on for ages, discovering new things, coming up with bogus conclusions and then refuting each other. With all their knowledge, they still can't decide on the missing link, man-monkey relationship, how old the earth is, and who were the first creatures on this planet.

This is why I love the Bible. All the information is in one easy to read place. Not only does is contain science, but also humanity, sociology, and everything else man would ever need. String theory? Darwinism? Who needs those lies. I have got my Bible which has all the right answers.

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:35 pm

I hope your kidding...considering the lack of truth the bible presents when it comes to the origion of human beings, or the explaination of things that can't be solved without science, or in your case, you just use god as an excuse to stupify yourself into further ignorance instead of solving such enigmas yourself...

God, if there is such a thing, sure as hell didn't plan to put us here to believe a bunch of crap a group of people claimed he said and then write a book about it to make seem true. If were are not here to learn about our existance in how the universe works by further advancing ourselves beyond the restraints of religion..then what are we here for..to live and die grovelling at the feet of some diety who is really what..only about 3..4 thousand years old...thats a pebble in a pond when you consider how long we've been around and the mass religions before then....all come and go, where one ends, a new begins.
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Re: I wish scientists would just make up their mind.

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:35 pm

treman wrote: This is why I love the Bible. All the information is in one easy to read place. Not only does is contain science, but also humanity, sociology, and everything else man would ever need. String theory? Darwinism? Who needs those lies. I have got my Bible which has all the right answers.
Ummm, have you read the bible? Its the most contradictory peice of literature out there. Its constantly ambigous and changes its mind every 100 pages or so...

In conclusion, you need to back up your words a LOT more... :roll:
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

derek_t
Org Profile

Post by derek_t » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:44 pm

treman wrote:They say one thing yesterday, then they refute their theory and say something different. One will say "I have a breakthrough, I have found the missing link between man and monkey".

This is why I love the Bible. All the information is in one easy to read place. Not only does is contain science, but also humanity, sociology, and everything else man would ever need. String theory? Darwinism? Who needs those lies. I have got my Bible which has all the right answers.
One, most scientist never thought that we came from monkeys. They thought that there was common ancestory between the two. Second all theories change. Or do you not believe in germs because they used to believe there had to be physical contact, now they think it can be delivered by air, my god when will they stop refuting their own theories.

Second you say you love the bible becuase its all the information in one easy to read place. Now which one is the bible anyway. Good News version? King James? Also I have to wonder which version of the ten commandments you believe? Whether you believe loving you enemy means we can kill them and use them as slaves? And so forth

MAS PRODUCTIONS
Org Profile

Post by MAS PRODUCTIONS » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:45 pm

treman wrote:They say one thing yesterday, then they refute their theory and say something different. One will say "I have a breakthrough, I have found the missing link between man and monkey". Next years someone will say "No, you were wrong, this is the real missing link". I mean this has been going on for ages, discovering new things, coming up with bogus conclusions and then refuting each other. With all their knowledge, they still can't decide on the missing link, man-monkey relationship, how old the earth is, and who were the first creatures on this planet.

Thats because unlike you they are actually trying to find the truth, not accept some book that was purchased at Wal Mart for $9.95. In this world nothing is definite. Everything is changing and evolving, so it is almost impossible to say if one thing is true over another. That is is science my friend, experimenting and studying. They cant be certain of it because quite frankly it is very hard to trace genetics, unlike you, they dont just believe what they are told and try to find a BELIEVABLE solution using facts.
Its the most contradictory peice of literature out there.
100% agreed.
"What about us lesbians? . . . Your gonna burn in hell of course!" - MXC
"Hey dont knock masturbation, its sex with someone I love!" -- Woody Allen
"Evil will always triumph 'cuz good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

WarpedElements
Org Profile

Post by WarpedElements » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:46 pm

Ahh plebes. You say it's contradictory but you don't actually list examples or say how it is. you just follow the mainstream ideal of "bible's wrong, science is right". I'll use Dilbert as an example:

"You use science as your faith"
"Well science is backed up fact"
"Have you scene these facts for yourself?'
"No but scientists list the facts and give it to the media"
"So you get it through a third source?"
"I'm to busy to go and research all of this stuff myself".

Sppth. People.

Satomi
Org Profile

Post by Satomi » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:47 pm

Can we just say that both of them represent some truth and leave it at that? It seems easier than starting a flame war.
guy07 wrote: they know me as the ball licker of hell

WarpedElements
Org Profile

Post by WarpedElements » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:49 pm

You know, in all my readings of different stuff in the bible, NIV, King James, etc, it's just a different wording or two. Nothing revolutionarily different. Nothing blatently changed.

One thing i did notice was a lack of monkeys in the stories. Lots of stories on hookers etc, but no monkeys.

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:56 pm

Ah, funny, I was thinking about this a bit today. Religion says that Science is ignorant in it's inacceptance of Religious truth or any truth beyond the observable. In fact quite the opposite, one who assumes through human myth instead of truly discovering and solving is the only real ignorant.

But due to treman's young-seeming style and logic I'll pass up on this until a real arguement erupts (and no, WE's bible bantering doesn't qualify as real arguement).
◔ ◡ ◔

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:57 pm

The problem with the Bible is that it was written by man. That is, if you believe in a God.

RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Return to “General Off Topic”