I have no idea how I have this AMV

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Katranat
Org Profile

I have no idea how I have this AMV

Post by Katranat » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:58 pm

Hey all, hoping you can help me with a little mystery. It's not super important it just bugs me a lot.

So there's this old AMV called My Little Totoro, the only place I can find it online is here: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcf7qc
I have a downloaded copy of this AMV on my hard drive, I've had it for a very long time. I cannot find this AMV listed on the .org at all, I don't know if I'm being completely stupid when I'm trying to find it and not using the correct search terms, or it's just not on this site. Though if it isn't on this site I have no idea how I have a downloaded copy as it's been many years since I downloaded anything from anywhere other than this site (and I don't personally have any of those videos left).
I dunno, I guess if someone could confirm that I'm not going crazy and it's definitely not archived here please?

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: I have no idea how I have this AMV

Post by Ileia » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:41 pm

I don't think it's on the site, I'm not sure if the editor has a profile here (or if she used the same name). The only references I can find about her or the video on a-m-v.org are on another editor's video description from 1999 and an AMV review group for a different video of hers where they didn't have a database entry here for that one either. And, unless this is you, someone else on Reddit inexplicably having a copy of My Little Totoro.

Do you remember if anyone ever gave you a DVD of AMVs at a convention? That used to be common, it could have been on there. I also found one of her videos in a large AMV torrent pack, but it was not the Totoro video. Maybe a different torrent had the Totoro video?
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:31 pm

Wow, this is some pretty expert sleuthing, thank you!

That is me on Reddit lol.

I've never been to a convention that had anything to do with AMVs (they don't have any in the UK, and I was too young when I lived in Canada), so that's not an option. I've also never personally torrented AMV's. My older sister did get lots of AMVs back in the day through various file transfers, and they all got saved onto CD's when we moved to the UK in 2002. I don't have any of those files myself, after we moved my sister was very protective of those CD's! (I should really try and get her to upload them somewhere tbh).

At least I know I'm not completely crazy and it's not on this site. I really have no idea how I have it now though. The file says I first accessed it in 2009, though I don't know how accurate that would be.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:16 pm

https://my.mail.ru/list/small-ban/video/231/365.html found this and some people might be one of them who knows
https://vimeo.com/user8458495 .
I used to get amvs off p2p , emule lol.
Still better than that MMO.

Katranat
Org Profile

Post by Katranat » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:08 pm

Thank you! It's neat to know the editor seems to still be around in some form.
I think I'm pretty satisfied now tbh. I can be confident I didn't get it from this site, so I'm not going crazy at least. I'm not sure I'm ever going to know how I got this video for sure (I'm starting to think I may have downloaded it off of YouTube, I saved a bunch of other videos from YouTube around that time, though the file I have for this video doesn't look anything like my other YouTube files, but at this point I dunno what other option I would have had, even though the video isn't on YouTube atm, that doesn't mean it wasn't ever on there).

Return to “General AMV”