If a link is dead, am I out of luck?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
ImagineSafety
Org Profile

If a link is dead, am I out of luck?

Post by ImagineSafety » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:57 pm

Hey everyone, have been trying to find/download this (https://www.animemusicvideos.org/member ... p?v=177681) AMV for years now. It was created by rapoverrockamvs who seemingly disappeared from the face of the internet. I remember as a kid how amazing his videos were. I've managed to get a few of them downloaded, but there are a lot more that vanished without a trace. The one I linked "DRAGON BALL Z - RAP AMV - ANYTHING FOR YOU - FEEL GOOD VID" was actually reuploaded by a youtube channel called RORAMVS a few years ago, but the computer I downloaded it on currently has a fried motherboard and most of his content got strikes so they're gone again. I thought that channel was the original creator, but likely just a fan who had his work downloaded.

So am I completely out of luck? No local file and only an indirect link on the page for the AMV. Thanks in advance.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: If a link is dead, am I out of luck?

Post by seasons » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:27 pm

You are most likely out of luck. If the editor did not upload their video to the database, then it simply is not here.

Did you try sending a private message to this user? They have not logged in for almost 9 years now but if they are still using the same email address that they registered their Org account with, then they would get a notification that someone here is trying to contact them. That might be your best bet at this point.

ImagineSafety
Org Profile

Re: If a link is dead, am I out of luck?

Post by ImagineSafety » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:02 pm

seasons wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:27 pm
You are most likely out of luck. If the editor did not upload their video to the database, then it simply is not here.

Did you try sending a private message to this user? They have not logged in for almost 9 years now but if they are still using the same email address that they registered their Org account with, then they would get a notification that someone here is trying to contact them. That might be your best bet at this point.
I have not tried that, but thanks for the idea!

Return to “General AMV”