Sentient Number 6 - Robots Tired of Being Slaves

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
ZaCloud
Org Profile

Sentient Number 6 - Robots Tired of Being Slaves

Post by ZaCloud » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:40 am

WARNING: Contains violence, nudity, and body horror.

This video tells the tale of a robotic race, used and abused by humans, until war breaks out. Who will emerge the victor? What is our ultimate fate?

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Re: Sentient Number 6 - Robots Tired of Being Slaves

Post by Shui » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:02 am

Sounds promising, will check out when I get home.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Post by UnluckyArtist » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:20 pm

That was pretty hardcore,, the dark, war with robots theme went over well. And all the anime blended together nicely, the small FLCL parts with the tv head could've been taken out but it was interesting how you included it. It dragged on, but stayed interesting enough keep watching.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:02 pm

This was AWESOME!
What a great watch :D yeah I agree with UnluckyArtist about the FLCL scenes.
Also who still uses xvid? xD

nontheless great amv, definitely a keeper - gonna watch this some times
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

ZaCloud
Org Profile

Post by ZaCloud » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:05 pm

Thanks, glad you guys liked it. :) I was worried I hadn't done the song justice, but I tried my best.

I need to get amv app for better encoding, really. I keep putting it off. :P

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:10 pm

This was nice. I really hated the song so I probably won't be rewatching it any time soon, but I definitely thought you did a good job communicating a story. The editing was pretty nice as well, although there were a few things to nitpick -- for one, the backwards text was unnecessary, IMO. I get that it was matching up with the lyrics at the time but it was a little...much. The other thing that bothered me was the inclusion of FMA -- completely unneeded, and the change in aspect ratio kind of broke the immersion. The FLCL scenes kind of had a similar effect, but I was able to forgive that because you "fake widescreened" it (for lack of a better term) and the scenes you chose actually made sense.

Ah well, good job nonetheless.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”