Knights on the Edge (Bubblegum Crisis AMV)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Knights on the Edge (Bubblegum Crisis AMV)

Post by Zeonic Freak » Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:34 am

I literally made this in a weeks time around mid-June just to make something because I wanted too on a whim. I was really inspired by Synaestheasia Video KNIGHT SABER CITY (https://www.animemusicvideos.org/video/ ... SABER CITY) to try and tackle something on that scale, but I realized I cannot copy that same level but went with trying to make something unique and entertaining to watch. I didn't intend this to be my Masters entry but I already had two other videos for Accolades so I figured I can throw something in for Masters because why not.

I went in without any kind of theme and just wanted to make a cool Bubblegum Crisis AMV (the first one ive made in 13 years), but after doing some fiddling I went with the connection subplot of the Mason/Largo episodes from the OVA and try and revovle the video around that. Also, lack of Nene in this just FYI. Nothing personal against Nene, I just didnt' see a reason to have her in this video.

SynaesthesiaVideos
Org Profile

Re: Knights on the Edge (Bubblegum Crisis AMV)

Post by SynaesthesiaVideos » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:48 pm

I'm happy my video was inspirational for you! this totally rocks tho, Journey was a perfect music choice 8-)

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Re: Knights on the Edge (Bubblegum Crisis AMV)

Post by Zeonic Freak » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:44 am

I believe its absolutely criminal your video doesn't get talked enough and didn't get the attention it deserves. I'm glad it won at other contests but I felt it was a solid Video of the Year hands down and should've gotten a ton of Best in Shows. I remember seeing the earlier comments on reddit and one dude was like "This is a perfect video, its that damn good!" :asd:

Yea I was listening to other Journey songs around the time I made this in the summer and "Edge of the Blade" came on and I was blown away, and just felt in the depths of my soul that a Bubblegum Crisis AMV needed to be made to this song. "Chain Reaction" is another fantastic song that could go to something but not sure what yet. I'll take my 80's prog rock any day!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”