Distance

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
theDarkSite
Org Profile

Post by theDarkSite » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:08 am

It is a really good vid indeed ^^ I enjoyed watching it as well :wink: Even if it is not something special or different, it is still nice to watch it now and then (not only one time - the first time) :wink: Good job :) 4/5 for me, and I'll maybe keep it in my comp to watch it sometimes :wink:

But still, except for the ghost frame at 3.29 there is one more (I think) at 3.24/3.25 - after the bird the frame with the classroom :roll: It's too fast to be part of the vid, but maybe I am wrong ^^

Flo'
Org Profile

Post by Flo' » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:11 am

theDarkSite wrote:It is a really good vid indeed ^^ I enjoyed watching it as well :wink: Even if it is not something special or different, it is still nice to watch it now and then (not only one time - the first time) :wink: Good job :) 4/5 for me, and I'll maybe keep it in my comp to watch it sometimes :wink:

But still, except for the ghost frame at 3.29 there is one more (I think) at 3.24/3.25 - after the bird the frame with the classroom :roll: It's too fast to be part of the vid, but maybe I am wrong ^^
Argh, bitch frame Dx Anyway thanks. ^^

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:10 am

I enjoyed watching it, just like I enjoy watching any 5cmps video.

Flo'
Org Profile

Post by Flo' » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:32 pm

Kevmaster wrote:I enjoyed watching it, just like I enjoy watching any 5cmps video.
Thanks anyway. :o

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:50 pm

I came.

Twice.

Reasons:

5 CM per second.
Romance Video.
Living in Japan.

This impacted me much more than Cherished Memories, but that isn't actually something you did, so I can't give you credit for it. I thought the editing itself was a bit rougher than Infinity's. However, when I saw Cherished Memories, I didn't live in a rural part of Kyoto-fu. Now that I do, and I teach in a rural school district, the imagery has so much more personal meaning to me. Unfortunately, you only get a first impression once, so even rewatching Cherished Memories did not produce the kind of emotional effect, because I already knew scene order and what to expect.

With your video, watching it the first time and really paying attention to what I saw... the scenery for the memories.... could have well been Fukuchiyama, where I live. The trains, the apartments, the roads, the fields, the mountains... With your video, I felt it could be happening outside my apartment, perhaps in the area around Oe or Mikawa. This added a depth of reality to your video that kicked my ass and took names. Again, this is something you could not have known or intended, but you still brought out the source material through your song choice and your editing. I felt you accurately portrayed the feelings of the characters, and the editing really displays the concept of distance, between each other, and between rural and urban Japan, which might be beside each other, and yet are, in my experiences thus far, worlds apart.

Good fokken job.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Flo'
Org Profile

Post by Flo' » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:37 pm

Kionon wrote:I came.

Twice.

Reasons:

5 CM per second.
Romance Video.
Living in Japan.

This impacted me much more than Cherished Memories, but that isn't actually something you did, so I can't give you credit for it. I thought the editing itself was a bit rougher than Infinity's. However, when I saw Cherished Memories, I didn't live in a rural part of Kyoto-fu. Now that I do, and I teach in a rural school district, the imagery has so much more personal meaning to me. Unfortunately, you only get a first impression once, so even rewatching Cherished Memories did not produce the kind of emotional effect, because I already knew scene order and what to expect.

With your video, watching it the first time and really paying attention to what I saw... the scenery for the memories.... could have well been Fukuchiyama, where I live. The trains, the apartments, the roads, the fields, the mountains... With your video, I felt it could be happening outside my apartment, perhaps in the area around Oe or Mikawa. This added a depth of reality to your video that kicked my ass and took names. Again, this is something you could not have known or intended, but you still brought out the source material through your song choice and your editing. I felt you accurately portrayed the feelings of the characters, and the editing really displays the concept of distance, between each other, and between rural and urban Japan, which might be beside each other, and yet are, in my experiences thus far, worlds apart.

Good fokken job.
Oh, glad you like it, and thanks for the comment. <3

FraChan
Org Profile

Post by FraChan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:45 pm

I usually can't stand AMVs longer than 3 minutes, but this one kept my attention the whole time. My only complaint is the fade at the end even if it's the song's fault.
Good job! :up:

Omikami_Amaterasu
Org Profile

Post by Omikami_Amaterasu » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 am

I LOVE 5 Centimeters Per Second and it's nice to see an upbeat song to it because the anime itself is so depressing (and most AMVs associated with it has that quality - I love Our Innocence and all, but it still made me sad)

Very very good job on this one! Definetely an instant favorite for me! Very solid shot selections!

Edit: There are a few orphan frames, one particularly at 3:29 that kinda stood out. Also, very important.... be careful about which shots you flip - there's a shot at 2:26 where the character walks to the left and the kenji in the background are clearly all flipped around (yes I can read kenji so please don't do that :P )
Last edited by Omikami_Amaterasu on Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let knowledge and intellect guide our wisdom, so long as dreams and imagination guide our hearts - Image
My AMVs:Trinity Rising | Masika | BangBang

Senka_fr
Org Profile

Post by Senka_fr » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:11 am

When I've started to download your vid, I was saying to myself that it was certainly a typical 5CM vid, and it wasn't false.

The problem with your vid is that I've the impression to have seen it 200 times before.

But the Editing is very clean with a very good video quality and Lyrics and video matched perfectly. Maybe some complains on some fades but not very important. I've preferred the last part of the video ;)

It's a good Work !

4/5

Magnus
Treasure this time
Org Profile

Post by Magnus » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:09 pm

I'm cosidering dling it but that's when im not being a lazy fucking bitch.
ImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”