Soul Eater Not!

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Soul Eater Not!

Post by mirkosp » Mon May 19, 2014 7:16 am

Wikipedia wrote:A freshman halberd named Harudori Tsugumi, befriends two other meisters, Tatane Meme and Anya Hepburn. All three take part in the NOT (Normally Overcome Target) class at DWMA and learn to control their powers in order to overcome their difficulties to have a normal life, as opposed to the battle-oriented EAT (Especially Advanced Talent) class taken by Maka, Soul, and their companions.
Nota Bene: This is a spin-off of Soul Eater, taking place in the same universe, but focusing on other characters and being more towards slice of life rather than action. You'll notice cameos from characters of the main series among other things.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Soul Eater Not!

Post by Scintilla » Wed May 21, 2014 6:59 pm

I haven't seen any of the anime yet, but I had read some of the manga. Personally, I'm more in it for the additional explanations of how the Soul Eater universe works (like stage names and whatnot) rather than the slice of life and the new characters.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Wed May 21, 2014 10:05 pm

I'm a little apathetic to the main cast, but it's fun to see the original cast cameo every one and a while. There's a background plot going on and I'm pretty interested to see how they approach it in the remaining 5 episodes.

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Thu May 22, 2014 12:28 am

I need to catch up to the manga... Stopped reading for a few years

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Fri May 23, 2014 8:22 am

the manga (at least the main soul eater manga, not spin offs) finished a while back. ending wasn't very satisfying, definitely set up for a sequel, but haven't heard of one being made yet.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sat May 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Jasta85 wrote:the manga (at least the main soul eater manga, not spin offs) finished a while back. ending wasn't very satisfying, definitely set up for a sequel, but haven't heard of one being made yet.
It's still ongoing, It's not due to end until just after the anime does.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat May 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Jasta85 wrote:the manga (at least the main soul eater manga, not spin offs) finished a while back. ending wasn't very satisfying, definitely set up for a sequel, but haven't heard of one being made yet.
It's still ongoing, It's not due to end until just after the anime does.
I meant the original soul eater manga (the one with all the main characters and main story line) was finished.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”