Adobe sound difficulties

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Kanraku
Org Profile

Adobe sound difficulties

Post by Kanraku » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:32 pm

Hello, I want to cut a clip of anime and keep the original sound. When I open the file in adobe, the sound seems to be blank. It appears on the timeline, but it doesn't recognise there to be any sound. I figure it's probably because of a codec or something. How can I get around this?

Oh, and while I'm posting, does anyone know of a really good video compressor? I used to use one for my website in combination with Adobe Premiere called "EZ Cleaner 5" or something like that. But since I... unintentionally... updated to a new version of premiere, the program no longer works.

Thanks for the help,

Kanraku

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:02 pm

For your first question (As long as you are following the guide's medthod):
In the source prep process you pretty much discard the audio with DVD2AVI, it is nothing to do with codecs. However there is a way to get it. Read this:

http://animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/viewt ... 286#457286

Photoshop_degenerate
Org Profile

other options

Post by Photoshop_degenerate » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:35 pm

If the audio is blank simply play the anime on your computer and use some audio capture software to capture the audio and then sync it. I use a really old program I got for free called Sound Forge XP. I think it came bundled so I can't tell you where to get it sorry.
"A wise man once said forgiveness is devine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Return to “Adobe Software”