Anime North Anime Music Video Contest 2022

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
AnimeNorthAMV
Org Profile

Anime North Anime Music Video Contest 2022

Post by AnimeNorthAMV » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:06 pm

UPDATE: The convention has changed dates to July 15 - 17 thus the deadline has been pushed to May 22, 2022.

Greetings from Anime North! We're back!

We had to unfortunately postpone our contest in 2020 but are excited to get back on track by accepting submissions for the 2022 Anime North Music Video contest. The deadline will be May 22, 2022. Previous submissions are still on hand so no need to resubmit if your entered for the 2020 contest.

The details are located below as well as on the official site: https://www.animenorth.com/event/index. ... s-now-open

As always there are three competition divisions in which to compete.

Open

This division is open to any and all AMV creators who want to pit their entry against some of the best in the business. The winner of this category will receive the Northern Lights Award.

Novice

This division is for entrants who do not feel comfortable entering the Open category. These neophytes have never won an award or prize for their work. In the spirit of fairness, you should consider entering the Open category if you have made more than 10 videos. The winner of this category will receive the Newbie Award and a promotion to the Open category next year.

Challenge:

The videos in this category must follow the year's specific Challenge

Momiji, our convention mascot, has been watching a bunch of Musicals and wants to see what the talented AMV creators can come up with. This year’s challenge is an Audio one. All videos entered in the Challenge division must use audio from a musical (Play, Movie, that one time in the TV series there was a musical number ect).

For any clarifications, please contact video@animenorth.com. If have questions about a song that may or may not be considered a musical please ask.

Please ensure the AMV subscribes to the qualification and eligibility requirements in order for it to be accepted.

If your video isn't eligible to compete (made prior to Oct 1 2019), or if you have multiple videos you want to show, please submit them to the exhibition category. The Exhibition videos are shown on Sunday at the convention before all of the contest videos.

Good luck to all of our contestants, I wish you all the best.
Last edited by AnimeNorthAMV on Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Re: Anime North Anime Music Video Contest 2022

Post by Zeonic Freak » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:46 am

Noting on here that i've submitted some videos for the contest.

animefan1
Org Profile

Re: Anime North Anime Music Video Contest 2022

Post by animefan1 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:32 pm

OK, I just submitted two of my own. Please let me know if there’s any problems.
Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- )(https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

Return to “AMV Contests”