Kumoricon 2022 AMV Contest - Award Winners Up!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
DopplerDo
Org Profile

Re: Kumoricon 2022 AMV Contest - Finalists Up! (Livestream info TBA!!)

Post by DopplerDo » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:45 am

Yep. I understand that. I respect how and why that is generally done, but I don't like this particular flavor. I realize that constructive feedback is not in oversupply, so I thought I would brave giving it.

MinetChan
Org Profile

Re: Kumoricon 2022 AMV Contest - Finalists Up! (Livestream info TBA!!)

Post by MinetChan » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:09 pm

Hi editors!

The Kumoricon AMV Contest Livestream link is ready! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZvIf1gRcVI

Please join us on Friday, November 11th @ 2pm PST. You can schedule a reminder for yourself by clicking the bell icon at the bottom of the video preview. If you miss the premiere, the video will be archived to the same YouTube channel for future viewing.

The first 30 minutes is a Preshow of non-finalist videos and we will also have a 30 minute Aftershow with some more non-finalists. These videos are all up for a Best Non-Finalist award. If you would like to know if one of your entries will be shown, please visit this link to view the non-finalist videos and their play order.

The full contest (plus non-finalists) will last approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes. There will be no online voting for the livestream, but we do encourage everyone to join the chat that YouTube includes as a part of their premiere feature. We had a lot of online participation last year and lively discussion, so this is a great time to get live feedback regarding your entries.

Please also note that three videos were muted due to copyright claims. Unfortunately, we don't have the time to contest these claims as fair use, so here are links to them below for your own viewing. This will not impact voting at the convention. It just impacts the livestream. 

#1B Neglect Me Not by Trenzilla
#1E A Flash of Light by UnluckyArtist
#4G Love Is Not a Victory March by DopplerDo

Following the contest, a Winner's Livestream will take place on Sunday, November 13th @ 4pm PST. The link for this livestream will be sent out a day prior, so keep a lookout for it. If anyone has any questions or concerns, do let me know.

Thank you all for submitting your videos — we couldn't do this without you! 

MinetChan
Org Profile

Re: Kumoricon 2022 AMV Contest - Winners Livestream Up! Join us Nov. 13 @ 4pm PST!

Post by MinetChan » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:44 am

Hi editors!

The much anticipated Winners Livestream link is ready! We will be live tomorrow (Sunday, Nov. 13th at 4pm PST).

If you cannot make the livestream, the playlist will be archived for later viewing. The playlist is approximately an hour in length and features 18 awards, (our largest number to date). The awards consist of Best Category awards (voted on by our audience) and Unique Awards determined by our judges. We will be in contact with our award winners shortly after the convention to confirm addresses and prizes.

We cannot say this enough, but thank you all for creating such amazing videos and for sending them to our contest -- it is an honor to showcase them in-person and online.

Thank you once more!

MinetChan
Org Profile

Re: Kumoricon 2022 AMV Contest - Winners Livestream Up! Join us Nov. 13 @ 4pm PST!

Post by MinetChan » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:08 pm

Hi editors!

We had another amazing show this past weekend! Our audience had a great time and had much difficulty picking their favorites due to how strong your submissions were. Seriously, some of these videos won by a few votes (I've added runner-ups to the list). Thank you all again so much for your time and effort. It means so much to have such talented editors supporting our contest!

And now, here are the winners of Kumoricon's 2022 AMV Contest!

INTENSITY
1. Flash Heat Fang - PantsAMV
2. Night Crawlers - Rider4Z
3. Wonderful World - FadingSundown (Runner-up for Best Intensity; EXCELLENCE IN TECHNICAL EFFECTS)
4. OHKO - Kireblue
5. Counterfire - AllyKatAVR (BEST INTENSITY)
6. House of Shadows - Lelani

DRAMA/SENTIMENTS
1. Neglect Me Not - Trenzilla
2. Wandering Bones - Nashironeko
3. Human - shorisquared (Runner-up for Best Drama/Sentiments)
4. Eat Our Words - DopplerDo
5. Encumberance - Troubleclef (BEST DRAMA/SENTIMENTS)

UPBEAT/FUN
1. Anime Magic Hour - Faevily (BEST UPBEAT/FUN)
2. BASSLINE - Arcothy B3stEck (MOST STYLISH)
3. Work-a-Hell - MarikoAMV (Runner up for Best Upbeat/Fun)
4. Summer Holiday - Lelani (BEST VIBES)
5. Wandering Travels - Kireblue
6. The Sweet Escape - lordlook

FAN FICTION
1. In The Realm Of The King In Yellow - Bauzi
2. Conflagration - Troubleclef
3. Contemporary Dog - Hikikomori (BEST FAN FICTION & BEST IN SHOW)
4. Suck It Covid - Rider4Z
5. #DieTonightLiveForever - MadMegatax

MELTING POT
1. A Flash of Light - UnluckyArtist
2. Turning Out Red - Rider4Z (Runner up for Best Melting Pot)
3. Gamba giGACHAd - PantsAMV (BEST WAGER)
4. Journey to the Fuji - Nuke (HONORABLE MENTION)
5. Worth the Weight - DopplerDo (BEST MELTING POT)

TRAILERS
1. Sonic Ball Z - BecauseImBored1 (Runner up for Best Trailer)
2. Gene Lightyear - l33tmeatwad
3. Mr. & Mrs. Forger - Liepe (BEST TRAILER)
4. The Light Knight - pwcagal
5. The Sky Beast - SilkAMV

RETRO
1. High Stakes Heart of the Cards - HagarenViper
2. 21st Century Metropolis - Bauzi (COORDINATOR'S CHOICE)
3. Monster - VRSaskayzx (Runner-Up for Best Retro; JUDGE'S CHOICE)
4. Love is not a Victory March - DopplerDo (BEST RETRO)
5. Unchained - ManlyMango

GUILTY PLEASURES
1. The Big D - SQ
2. IDGAP: I Don't Give a Polka - MadMegatax (BEST GUILTY PLEASURES)
3. Leave a Message - pwcagal (Runner up for Best Guilty Pleasures)
4. LeoStyle - TritioAFB

And finally... our Best Non-Finalist Award goes to!
Neon Theater - PantsAMV (BEST NON-FINALIST)

You can watch our full AMV Contest and AMV Winners Livestream here on KumoriTV!

AMV Contest Livestream

AMV Winners Livestream

Return to “AMV Contests”