Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023 (contest feedback form live)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Colossal
Org Profile

Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023 (contest feedback form live)

Post by Colossal » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:56 pm

First of all, I figure I should start with the fact I am back as a contest coordinator for 2023. This time around, kirbygal will be involved as co-coordinator.

This year we have Expo, Accolades, and Masters.

Submission deadlines
Accolades: September 3
Expo and Masters: September 8

Some notes regarding specific contests
Masters: Starting this year, judging for Masters will be done by a panel of 5 people. The currently planned panel will consist of Speedy, kirbygal, myself, and two mystery editors from the pool of past Masters winners. Instead of the traditional jacket, we're planning on a nice green hoodie that will feature a new Masters logo (still under development). In addition to the hoodie, the Masters winner will recieve a 3-night stay at one of the main AWA hotels for 2024 and two passes for AWA 2024. Masters entries should be new videos that have not premiered elsewhere, and each Masters participant is limited to a single entry.

Accolades: We'll start with 10 fixed categories this year: Action, Drama, Comedy, Fun/Upbeat, Trailer/Parody, Live-Action, Sentimental, Character Profile, Horror/Suspense, and Wildcard. Early steps in the process after submissions close will include the ability to suggest/vote on additional categories (example additions: Artistic Endeavor, Romance, Draction, GMV, etc.). The plan is to allow up to 5 additional categories, plus of course Best in Show will still be there. Judging for Accolades is done blind by other editors, and entries must be new videos that have not premiered elsewhere. Accolades participants are limited to two entries.

Expo: As usual, our open contest. Expo participants may submit as many entries as they like, and this can include videos that have premiered elsewhere/been in other contests.

A more complete list of rules/requirements for each contest can be found at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h2n ... sp=sharing

Submission forms are live via Google Forms and are as follows -
Expo: Submissions closed
Accolades: Submissions closed
Masters: Submissions closed

If people encounter any issues with Expo or Accolades submissions, please feel free to reach out to me at jwcolossal@gmail.com or on Discord (j.w.colossal; might have to friend me first if we don't have a server in common if my settings are as I recall). As I need to stay blind for Masters judging purposes, GloryQuestor will be the point of contact for Masters at awavatprogofficial@gmail.com.

-Josh
Last edited by Colossal on Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:44 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Anime Weekend Atlanta Video Art Track Discord server: https://discord.gg/PRE3HgX5mC

troubleclef
Org Profile

Re: Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023 Contest Notes and Submission Deadlines

Post by troubleclef » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:21 pm

Did Speedy make you put Draction in the list of possible categories? Lmao

Colossal
Org Profile

Post by Colossal » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:25 pm

Nah; just seemed like a fun thing to have in there since I know his history with it.

speedy180
Org Profile

Post by speedy180 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:30 pm

troubleclef wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:21 pm
Did Speedy make you put Draction in the list of possible categories? Lmao
When I saw that I was like "oh no there gonna blame me for that one for sure" XD

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:10 pm

Glad to see the Masters changes!

Might actually submit something now lol.

There's not many opportunities to wear a green suit!
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Colossal
Org Profile

Post by Colossal » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:51 pm

Post has been edited a bit to include some entry requirements for Accolades and Masters I overlooked/took for granted that not everyone may know.

Sayoria
Org Profile

Post by Sayoria » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:42 pm

All submission links on the page take me to "https://www.videoarttrack.com/".
My old Youtube Channel has been removed. Kindly review here for videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjmhp2 ... gpjU0cMCuA

Colossal
Org Profile

Post by Colossal » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:40 pm

As it says in the post, we are still getting that stuff set up for this year. In the short term, reach out to me at jwcolossal@gmail.com and we can arrange something. Other than the general rule elements, which are still valid, any specifics regarding submission and deadlines on the linked website are from last year.

Also, pardon the constant tweaking of the original post. I try to change things for what I hope is more clarity whenever a question comes up here or elsewhere.

Colossal
Org Profile

Re: Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023 Notes and Deadlines (now with links to submission forms)

Post by Colossal » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:36 pm

Also added into the initial post, but putting it here to bump the thread.

Submission forms are live via Google Forms and are as follows -
Expo: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link
Accolades: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link
Masters: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

If people encounter any issues with Expo or Accolades submissions, please feel free to reach out to me at jwcolossal@gmail.com or on Discord (j.w.colossal; might have to friend me first if we don't have a server in common if my settings are as I recall). As I need to stay blind for Masters judging purposes, GloryQuestor will be the point of contact for Masters at awavatprogofficial@gmail.com.

Additional info regarding the prize for Masters: in addition to the hoodie and the hotel room for 2024, the winner will also receive two passes for AWA 2024.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023 Notes and Deadlines (now with links to submission forms)

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:56 pm

The Masters

The Masters is our premiere contest held every other year. This contest represents our highest standard for both artistic and technical production. Masters entries are judged blind by the contest coordinator alone. Only one video will win The Masters, but as many entries as time permits will be screened during the Gala Awards Show.

Deadline: This is not a Masters year. Entries are not being accepted in this event this year.
I heard that Masters will be judged by committee for the first time this year. Is that accurate? Also, there's that error on the rules page.

Return to “AMV Contests”