Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023 (contest feedback form live)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
speedy180
Org Profile

Re: Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023 Notes and Deadlines (now with links to submission forms)

Post by speedy180 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:03 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:56 pm
The Masters

The Masters is our premiere contest held every other year. This contest represents our highest standard for both artistic and technical production. Masters entries are judged blind by the contest coordinator alone. Only one video will win The Masters, but as many entries as time permits will be screened during the Gala Awards Show.

Deadline: This is not a Masters year. Entries are not being accepted in this event this year.
I heard that Masters will be judged by committee for the first time this year. Is that accurate? Also, there's that error on the rules page.
You heard correctly Masters going forward will be Judged by a panel of 5 people. 3 will be Vat crew and 2 will be past Masters Winners.

Also I'll get that error fixed asap thanks for the heads up.

Colossal
Org Profile

Re: Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023 Notes and Deadlines (now with links to submission forms)

Post by Colossal » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:39 pm

Yeah; until we can get the site updated, I'm mostly pointing to it for broader rules issues, with actual dates and submission links and such in the initial post here. I'm working on something else we can point to for the time being until the site is updated to avert some confusion.

Colossal
Org Profile

Post by Colossal » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:06 pm

Typed up a rules document with the pertinent information from the website but with some of the updated contest info/submission information to hopefully avoid confusion. Also linked in the initial post in place of the website until it can be updated.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h2n ... sp=sharing

Colossal
Org Profile

Post by Colossal » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:54 am

I just went through and sent confirmation e-mails for the initial wave of Accolades and Expo entries. On a related note, GloryQuestor (awavatprogofficial@gmail.com) is the point of contact over Masters entries, as I am part of the Masters judging panel and have to stay blind for that contest.

Colossal
Org Profile

Post by Colossal » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:52 pm

One month reminder for the first of the AWA contest deadlines. Accolades entries are due September 3, while Expo and Masters entries are due September 8.

ResyAMV
Org Profile

Post by ResyAMV » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:35 pm

Hello there! I have a very n00b question, but after reading everything I didn't see a statement one way or another and just wanted clarification—can the same video be entered into Expo and Accolades? Or does entering a video in one exclude it from the other? Just trying to get a lay of the land.

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:09 pm

ResyAMV wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:35 pm
Hello there! I have a very n00b question, but after reading everything I didn't see a statement one way or another and just wanted clarification—can the same video be entered into Expo and Accolades? Or does entering a video in one exclude it from the other? Just trying to get a lay of the land.
A video can't be entered in both Expo and Accolades. The creator must choose between one or the other.

Also, due to the nature of the Accolades, any video entered to that contest must make its world premiere at AWA and can't be released publicly (i.e Youtube) until after the Awards Ceremony on Saturday.

ResyAMV
Org Profile

Post by ResyAMV » Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:27 pm

TnAdct1 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:09 pm
ResyAMV wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:35 pm
A video can't be entered in both Expo and Accolades. The creator must choose between one or the other.

Also, due to the nature of the Accolades, any video entered to that contest must make its world premiere at AWA and can't be released publicly (i.e Youtube) until after the Awards Ceremony on Saturday.
Thanks so much!

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:25 pm

Prior Exhibition: We allow all videos in Expo, including those that have screened or even won awards at other conventions. We ask that you only submit any given video to us once. (If you submitted a video in a prior year, please do not submit the same video to us again)
It is in there, but can be easy to miss.

ResyAMV
Org Profile

Post by ResyAMV » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:48 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:25 pm
Prior Exhibition: We allow all videos in Expo, including those that have screened or even won awards at other conventions. We ask that you only submit any given video to us once. (If you submitted a video in a prior year, please do not submit the same video to us again)
It is in there, but can be easy to miss.
Thanks! I figured I probably had missed it. I literally processed every part of that section except the part I was looking for. :jester:

Return to “AMV Contests”