Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023 (contest feedback form live)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
animefan1
Org Profile

Re: Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023 Notes and Deadlines (now with links to submission forms)

Post by animefan1 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:32 pm

Submitted three entries to the expo
Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- )(https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

Sayoria
Org Profile

Re: Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023 Notes and Deadlines (now with links to submission forms)

Post by Sayoria » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:29 pm

Submitted 2 into Expo. One of the videos is almost 10 years old now but I was told there's no specific age limitations on Expo, so it will be nice to give this video life again. Especially since the only two conventions I sent it to got a lot of love for it. Hope it's enjoyed again, old or not.
My old Youtube Channel has been removed. Kindly review here for videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjmhp2 ... gpjU0cMCuA

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:59 am

How soon should we expect accy vids after the deadline?

Colossal
Org Profile

Post by Colossal » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:37 pm

Best answer I can give at the moment is as soon as possible. I'll need some amount of time to go through the final flood of entries and upload everything to the site we plan to use for sharing the videos. I can't imagine it'll take long, but I'm hesitant to give too specific a timeframe given how much of what we're doing is different compared to last year. Personal goal is to have things ready to go within 2 days; I don't have anything planned for the holiday, and I'll be stuck at home keeping an eye on a cat in recovery from surgery (hopefully no surprises with that that could distract me).

Also, for those not in the Discord, the voting schedule as currently planned:
Sept 15-19 - Add-on category suggestions
Sept 21-24 - Voting for the add-on categories
Sept 25-Oct 1 - Video voting to determine finalists
Oct 2-8 - Final vote

Also, seems a good time for a gentle reminder that the Accolades deadline is only one week away.

Colossal
Org Profile

Post by Colossal » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:45 pm

Okay; I am aware of at least one situation where my confirmation e-mail to someone didn't go through (everything looked fine on my end/it didn't do anything obvious like bounce back or create an error). So if you've submitted something to Expo or Accolades and haven't heard from me yet, feel free to reach out. Either by DM here, e-mail (jwcolossal@gmail.com), or Discord (j.w.colossal; you might have to friend me first).

J7ang
Org Profile

Post by J7ang » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:37 am

New to this AMV submitting thing, I read the form and understand the differences between the three events/contests, but am still wondering if I'm able to submit my one AMV to all three of them or not. Can I apply to all three? Or does submitting to one of them lock me out of the others? Thanks.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:42 am

J7ang wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:37 am
New to this AMV submitting thing, I read the form and understand the differences between the three events/contests, but am still wondering if I'm able to submit my one AMV to all three of them or not. Can I apply to all three? Or does submitting to one of them lock me out of the others? Thanks.
You cannot submit the same AMV to all 3. Also keep in mind, if you've posted your video online (or submitted it to any other contest that happen before AWA) it cannot be submitted to the accolades or masters.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Colossal
Org Profile

Post by Colossal » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:15 am

Yeah; you have to pick a contest, basically. I'll try to re-word things to make that clearer in the future. And each contest has very different judging processes (Expo is judged by a mix of Video Art Track and other AWA crew, Accolades is voted on by other editors/the entrants, and Masters is judged by a 5-person panel consisting of VAT directors and past Masters winners), if that affects your decision at all.

Now, in the event you submit to Accolades or Masters, and it becomes disqualified from there for any reason, I'd ask if you'd like the video moved into Expo.

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Post by Zeonic Freak » Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:45 pm

I found this gif to be helpful...

Colossal
Org Profile

Post by Colossal » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:46 am

As we approach deadlines, seems like a good time to reiterate that I am point of contact for Expo and Accolades only; GloryQuestor is the one to talk to regarding Masters submissions.

Return to “AMV Contests”