Re: 2010 VCAs - General Discussion

Post by riccardocasu » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:36 pm

Grats to all winners :)

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:57 pm

That Q guy for most Improved. My freaking god. The idiots on this site these days.

And I'm sorry Aggressor, but you DO NOT deserve most helpful. I don't know what you have done, but certainly not as much as some other members coughzarxcough.

We should just make the JCAs the only choice awards since the VCAs are a total joke. Hell, all the VCAs brought was enough drama to get one of my favorite editors to leave the site. Grats guys for reaching an all time low.

http://www.freewebs.com/terracana/foamy.jpg

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Krisqo wrote:And I'm sorry Aggressor, but you DO NOT deserve most helpful. I don't know what you have done, but certainly not as much as some other members coughzarxcough.
Hey, last I checked you don't speak Russian :P

In general Aggressor has been extremely helpful to AMVers out there. However the fact that almost all of this is not on the .org does undermine the award somewhat.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Otohiko wrote:
Krisqo wrote:And I'm sorry Aggressor, but you DO NOT deserve most helpful. I don't know what you have done, but certainly not as much as some other members coughzarxcough.

In general Aggressor has been extremely helpful to AMVers out there. However the fact that almost all of this is not on the .org does undermine the award somewhat.
So generally this has turned into Russian contest with a bit of international support? :>

Would it be possible to give us info about nationality of the voters in percent? :<

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:13 pm

Krisqo wrote: And I'm sorry Aggressor, but you DO NOT deserve most helpful. I don't know what you have done, but certainly not as much as some other members coughzarxcough.
I find it fucking hilarious i saw no nominations for Zarx in the most helpfull thread :P (Dispite me forgetting to nominated him, But by the time i remembered it was too late :( )
Nya-chan Production wrote:
Otohiko wrote:

So generally this has turned into Russian contest with a bit of international support? :>

Russian Choice Awards With a few other fags from all over the world

Would it be possible to give us info about nationality of the voters in percent? :<

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:15 pm

Otohiko wrote:

Not sure about other awards, but Most Helpful is sorta implied to be "here" isn't it? I mean "Rookie of the Year" is held to the standard of "here on the org" when people bring up the fact that so and so isn't a rookie and cite off-site examples. Why the double standard?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:16 pm

I've been told that Aggressor is very helpful in the akross/amvnews sites... being useful within the org is not necessary as long as you were helpful for amv purposes, and he was. Just 'cause you don't know about it, it doesn't mean he wasn't the most helpful if people have decided so. If he made it that far, there must be a valid reason.
As for qwaqa for most improved, it's not a completely unmotivated choice, although his wasn't the most impressive one (as a few people said, he did improve, but he already was at a good level, so the improvement was overall not too big). But still, if popular choice was that, so be it.
Honestly, VCAs are meant as a democratic voting that allows any member to pick their choices, without them feeling the need to explain why. If that's what they believe, they're free to vote for what they want. Be it for circle jerking, trolling, or whatever. JCAs are an entirely different thing altogether, so you can't really compare them to the VCAs. I mean, sure, it's interesting to compare results, but at the end of the day they are two entirely different things, so there's no telling what is "better" or "correct" since they both have their good points and their flaws.
Now for the drama, that only spurs when people don't understand what VCAs are supposed to be. They are not a "let's ask some people in the forum what they believe it's the best and vote for it" but a "let's vote for what I think I should vote for" contest. Think of it as voting for a political party: you're free to pick what you want, and at the end of the voting the opposing party shouldn't really have the right to start a civil war just because they didn't win over the party that ended up being the winning majority. That doesn't mean the majority party is better or correct, but doesn't imply the opposite either. It's just what the majority of the people decided on trusting as best pick.
Ultimately, if chii left the community (not the site itself, since she's still going to enter vids and check out announcements every now and then, after all) is not due what the results were, but due to people lamenting what others decided to vote out of their free will. Nobody has the right to complain about the results, but people still will complain about this and other things, and there comes a time when a person is just annoyed of taking it at all, hence why leaving this kind of community is not a completely meaningless decision if one wants to take it.

TL;DR: Being immature gets on nerves and makes people leave once they get fed up and pouting about popular vote in a contest that is based on popular vote is immature.

Kyssifur
Org Profile

Post by Kyssifur » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:20 pm

We should just make the JCAs the only choice awards since the VCAs are a total joke.
Hey, VCA is "not" an .org contest, it's a world contest, just .org gives the ribbon, etc.

btw... I agree with your line.
we are awesome

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Krisqo wrote: And I'm sorry Aggressor, but you DO NOT deserve most helpful. I don't know what you have done, but certainly not as much as some other members coughzarxcough.
fu. That's so bloddy ignorant. Do you know him? No. Do I know him? No. That's why I don't judge him. There are plenty of other communities out there and plenty of other helpful people. Maybe he made a russian guide? Encoding program or was helpfull in general? :?

Sorry, but a-m-v.org is not the whole center of the amv world anymore. Russians might have a bigger community? Live with it and ask yourself why people are leaving this website! Russians make awesome videos? Cry me a river and make some awesome videos too?

Nya, I'm sorry that I pick on you too, but as you can see Krisqo pissed me off and you're part of the colletaral damage.
Now for the drama, that only spurs when people don't understand what VCAs are supposed to be.
x2

You don't like the VCAs? Than don't pay attention to it.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Return to “2010 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”