A few questions

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Profetitus
Org Profile

A few questions

Post by Profetitus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:35 pm

( to start off english is not my first language so excuse a few problems here and there)
Hi!,

I lately got back to start making AMV but, if I try to render it in HD the file gets over 400 mb. This in youtube isnt a problem (or is...since everything is being banned lately)
I've been wondering how everyone render's their own. Also I consider myself a noob I did a few there and there but none the less they didn't worked out they take alot of space in the Hard Drive and it gets anyoing... =(
So I just realy wanna know how you guys render?
And also I've been looking for new AMV with some Action and Drama anyone can give me a list? =)

Thanks in Advance

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Re: A few questions

Post by Cannonaire » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Are you using DVDs for your video? If you are, you most likely don't have a reason to render in HD because DVDs are SD (720x480). It all depends on the source and effects you use, but in most cases you should render in the same resolution and fps as the clips you import. If you can give us more details about your project, we can certainly help. Welcome to the org! Image

Also, your best bet for finding a good new AMV is to check the AMV Announcements forum:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=3
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: A few questions

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:01 am

We have space for rendering.

Usual process of rendering and encoding goes like this:

Project => Render (cca 500MB/minute) => Encode (cca 10-20MB/minute)

So for 4 minute video you would need about 2GB of space for render and the resulting AMV should have 40-80MB.

For more about rendering and encoding Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides Lovingly Overhauled Largely by Zarxrax</a>

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”