Switching sources in Sony Vegas

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Theatryss
Org Profile

Switching sources in Sony Vegas

Post by Theatryss » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:23 pm

Say I edited a video in Sony Vegas movie studio and used low quality clips. If I got better quality clips with the same fps, resolution, and aspect ratio and replaced the low quality clips with the new ones, would everything stay the same except the quality? I think i remember reading somewhere that it worked for premier.

Kawatta-kun
Org Profile

Re: Switching sources in Sony Vegas

Post by Kawatta-kun » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:43 pm

It has to contain the same fps, resolution and AR are optional. But be carefull, the source, regardless of video quality, must have the exact number of frames. As in, same vid (just with a better video quality that is).
Image Image

Theatryss
Org Profile

Post by Theatryss » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:06 pm

I see, thank you! I just don't have enough space at the moment to use lossless atm so I'll be using the same source in the end.

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:11 am

Not that it's in doubt, but switching lower quality clips out for higher quality works in Vegas. Just be careful that when you render better clips that you aren't changing frame numbers or anything - if you're using Avisynth, render both the LQ and HQ clips with the same IVTC lines (AMVIVTC, TFM, TDecimate, w/e you use) and don't put anything different before those lines from one to the other because that can in some cases change field matching.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”