The Quickening - Videos

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
xDreww
Org Profile

Re: The Quickening - Videos

Post by xDreww » Fri May 11, 2012 10:30 am

[Kairih]BANGARANG! -
I know I comment about this video, so you know my thoughts. Also I kind of enjoyed the madoka syncing, which I didn't mention. 1:21 -1:40. Though the twitch effect was getting kind of repetitive at some point. It also kind of felt like I was watching a MEP because all the series was edited differently xD
Overall still pretty good, might be my favorite pick along side 141dBII because I just feel this was a bit more cleaner then 141.

Centurione -141dBII- I sweet intro! Props for that! Reason why I said I didn't feel this isn't clean for me, cuz I didn't like tv sim so much D: That aside, most of your syncing really felt it had a nice impact. Like I said I still feel like some syncing was forced to match that annoying static noise, but hey..what can you do? lol. I still dig this edit though, pretty nice overall.

Pretty upset that Luke dropped...I was really excited to see his video.

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Fri May 11, 2012 10:39 am

Just to explain: The title is 141dB, the "II" is added to differ it from the original file in which "artist" was spelled as "artsit". Thanks (Kisanzi, I guess?) for noticing it^^.

I'm glad the video is enjoyed :D

I liked Kairih's video the most. It stands out the most of these in my opinion. I wrote what I think in the announcement thread. Great job!

Kairih
Org Profile

Post by Kairih » Fri May 11, 2012 10:44 am

Aww, thank you guys!
I'm so glad you like my video! :3

Kairih
Org Profile

Post by Kairih » Fri May 11, 2012 11:18 am

I finally watched the videos! My favorite one is 141dB, it has a nice atmosphere, nice effects and I guess it's the best one in this group. :3
But you already know what I think about it :P
Good job centurione!

GuntherAMVs
Mistress of Cocaine.
Org Profile

Post by GuntherAMVs » Fri May 11, 2012 12:07 pm

Radical_Yue wrote: "Hey Mirko, I'm LukeG! How are y-OW! OH GOD! MY NUTS! WHY?! WHY? DID YOU DO THAT?!"
I laughed SO HARD xDDD.

Oh, and I watched all the Group B videos, and they were very good~!
Kairih, Melee, and Centurione's were my favorites ^_^
LIVE YOUR ART. LOVE YOUR LIFE.

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Fri May 11, 2012 12:09 pm

probable winners IMO:

-kairih
-centurione
-melee
-NxS

but the most noticeable was Centurione's and Kairih's AMVs.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Fri May 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Damnit. Lukeg messin up mah brackets.

Ima watch these vids when I get home, glad a couple of you seem to not hate mine. I kinda do for several reasons... but that's more of a personal problem. :D

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Fri May 11, 2012 12:52 pm

meleechampion wrote:Damnit. Lukeg messin up mah brackets.

Ima watch these vids when I get home, glad a couple of you seem to not hate mine. I kinda do for several reasons... but that's more of a personal problem. :D
You definitely have the best video title! :awesome:

That being said, here's who I think is going to progress:

Centurione
Kairih
Melee
NxS

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri May 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Group B

Lost Samurai: In dire need of more action scenes. This song is perfect for mindless sword fighting, and I feel like it was mostly ignored. Although this thing did have some great sync in it at times.

Fight for Love: Kind of a touchy opening that I didn't care much for. I also didn't like the weird flickering effects with the rainbow coloring. Also, needed more action scenes to really bring it out. Blurry quality at the end. Overall still pretty good though.

Fistful of Dubstep: Ehhhh. I didn't feel it. THe sync needed work, and I felt like you mised some PRIME opporuntities for good sync/editing/cuts. Scene selection might ahve something to do with this. Also needed better quality footage.

141DB Centurione: THERE WE ARE. Now this is what I was picturing with this song. DIdn't care for the TV effect, but everything else was spot on and well executed. :up:

One Drill - Melee : To me, it was far too static for the music being provided. Still, it had some nice points to it that did get things going nicely. Really it was just a slow start. The ending/middle bits were pretty nicely done.

BANGARAND Kairih : Again, this is what I was expecting with this kind of music. Good beat sync and pretty nice effects complimenting the music. Good action to keep an interesting pace, and I loved the font effects.

What I'm thinking Moves Forward: Kairih, Centurione, Melee and Fight for Love

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Fri May 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Ok, enough of you have said it now. (and it bothers me too lol) This is where I come off as defensive, here goes. (admitting faults before judging, something something fun dip, not giving a fuuuuuuck)

I can sound dumb attempt to explain away: the static/slow parts are INTENTIONAL (even in the middle transition "chorus?"(lol), where the cuts are quicker but the scenes still don't have a lot of motion) YOU GUYS ARE FOOLS, don't you have any idea how peaks and valleys work?! Gotta have slow parts to show off the fast parts! Noobs!

Reality: I was lazy/out of time. (out of time because of procrastination, no less)

In short: You're right, I don't like my video either.

|:

Return to “The Quickening 2012”