Round 1 - Results [Updated with Group F & H Results]

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 - Results

Post by Kisanzi » Thu May 10, 2012 6:38 pm

meleechampion wrote:NO. WRONG. DAMNIT PEOPLE.
I agree with this statement. Melee wins this thread.

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Thu May 10, 2012 6:59 pm

MimS wrote:Nah you're the one taking it seriously Dreww

Did judges even know their ops would be made public? ^^"
If not, maybe they would have said it in another way...
And if they did, anyway, it's just their ops, it's up to you to decide if it has meaning or not. Don't be hurt, god, this is only a hobby, who cares if your vids are great and shitty in the end? Seriously, Nostromo was a great editor but who gives a fuck about what he becomes? We won't appreciate you more if you make great vids... we just don't care, vids are vids and they all have their own value, at least, people give them some and they have their way to say stuff.

Also, have u ever judged a contest with as much people Dreww? Believe me, you don't have the time to be sentimental :x

So yeah, MZ8, they were harsh, you can even say they're basterds, assholes, but seriously, don't put too much importance in it, you had fun editing, that's all matters. Now just select what you consider interesting for you in the future in every critic you'll read!
Not taking it seriously, just upset how people can bash a video without thinking about the persons feelings. When it comes to seriousness..don't even talk lol We already had this conversation before.
Not talking about what you become after years. Not talking about nostormo. Taking it out of hand. And Nope, I never judged a contest like that. You can be hard. But I don't agree with bullying and hurting.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu May 10, 2012 7:03 pm

xDreww wrote: But I don't agree with bullying and hurting.

I agree. That part where he took his lunch money and gave him a swirly was BRUTAL.

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Thu May 10, 2012 7:59 pm

there goes the criticism's debate again. puting 20 bucks on Melee

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu May 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Please don't use the term "bullying" here. It's very very incorrect. The comments were harsh, but far from "bullying".
MasterZero8 wrote: I would have liked just a little more helpful feedback was all.
Honestly, you're looking in the wrong place. The comments that were posted here are the personal opinions of the judges and should in no way be seen as "helpful" feedback (both positive and negative). None of us knew they were going to be posted (I assumed they would though). Also, these are the opinions of 5 people, none of which have the right to call themselves experts on everything AMV related (except for me :P). Take these opinions with a grain of salt. If you get hung up on every harsh review, you'll just dig yourself a deep hole to curl up in and mope. Ignore the crap and focus on the criticism that will actually help you be a better editor.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Thu May 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Pwolf wrote:Please don't use the term "bullying" here. It's very very incorrect. The comments were harsh, but far from "bullying".
MasterZero8 wrote: I would have liked just a little more helpful feedback was all.
Honestly, you're looking in the wrong place. The comments that were posted here are the personal opinions of the judges and should in no way be seen as "helpful" feedback (both positive and negative). None of us knew they were going to be posted (I assumed they would though). Also, these are the opinions of 5 people, none of which have the right to call themselves experts on everything AMV related (except for me :P). Take these opinions with a grain of salt. If you get hung up on every harsh review, you'll just dig yourself a deep hole to curl up in and mope. Ignore the crap and focus on the criticism that will actually help you be a better editor.
I agree. It's not best to sign up for a competition expecting nice comments and stuff. If you really want helpful advice, post your stuff up in the opinion or the announcement section.

MasterZero8
Org Profile

Post by MasterZero8 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:06 pm

Thanks everyone for the advice and support, I will put it all to good use.

Sorry if I was a little over-critical, but having a bad day already, then coming on here and seeing that just makes it worse.
Don't worry though, I am already over it, since I'm not one to dwell on pointless crap.

Already thinking about my next project.

I signed up for this contest, because I felt like it was the perfect motivation for me. Since I always wanted to start somewhere, but never knew how to begin, so I decided to go for it. And I'm glad I did cause now I want to continue and just get better and better, enough to make everyone go :shock:
Is that not a good enough reason?

Expect to see a lot more of me around here soon, and I hope I'll be able to get some help along the way. :P
I'll be back next year, better than ever, look forward to it. 8-)

P.S. Where is the best place to go to get any help around here, since its a little confusing? :?

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Thu May 10, 2012 9:26 pm

MasterZero8 wrote:Thanks everyone for the advice and support, I will put it all to good use.

Sorry if I was a little over-critical, but having a bad day already, then coming on here and seeing that just makes it worse.
Don't worry though, I am already over it, since I'm not one to dwell on pointless crap.

Already thinking about my next project.

I signed up for this contest, because I felt like it was the perfect motivation for me. Since I always wanted to start somewhere, but never knew how to begin, so I decided to go for it. And I'm glad I did cause now I want to continue and just get better and better, enough to make everyone go :shock:
Is that not a good enough reason?

Expect to see a lot more of me around here soon, and I hope I'll be able to get some help along the way. :P
I'll be back next year, better than ever, look forward to it. 8-)

P.S. Where is the best place to go to get any help around here, since its a little confusing? :?
We need more of this guy, instead of the ones that get automatically scared of the org within their first announcement thread. >.>

Best place is the opinion exchange and announcement sections. I'm pretty sure you can PM any one of the active members on here and get their help. That's what I did. xD

MasterZero8
Org Profile

Post by MasterZero8 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:38 pm

pacotacoshell wrote: We need more of this guy, instead of the ones that get automatically scared of the org within their first announcement thread. >.>

Best place is the opinion exchange and announcement sections. I'm pretty sure you can PM any one of the active members on here and get their help. That's what I did. xD
Thanks, that means a lot. Yeah I'm not one to run away and get scared just because someone doesn't like something I did. I say bring it on! 8-)

And since I'm not sure where to ask this:
Is there a contest for only newer editors?
If not I think it would be a good idea, that way we have more of a level playing field.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu May 10, 2012 9:44 pm

MasterZero8 wrote:
pacotacoshell wrote: We need more of this guy, instead of the ones that get automatically scared of the org within their first announcement thread. >.>

Thanks, that means a lot. Yeah I'm not one to run away and get scared just because someone doesn't like something I did. I say bring it on! 8-)

And since I'm not sure where to ask this:
Is there a contest for only newer editors?
If not I think it would be a good idea, that way we have more of a level playing field.
AMVNews.ru has Level Up where you take a newer editor and they get paired with a pro to create a video. That just recently ended last month I believe. You can always get some practice in and join next year? :P

Besides, it's better to experiment and try some things before you join a contest where you'll be judged by your peers like a pro.

Return to “The Quickening 2012”