what software is best for ripping dvds

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
Anths555
Org Profile

what software is best for ripping dvds

Post by Anths555 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:02 am

i want to rip my wolfs rain dvds on to my computer to make amvs and wanted to know what solfware would get me the best quality

i have used dvd decryter and just ripped them as a file
in virtualdub when i got to cut them im getting line in the movement off the people and things

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Sun May 04, 2008 2:05 am

DVD Decrypter is good. If I'm understanding you right, the "lines" that you are seeing in movement are interlacing lines. Just deinterlace your footage and it should be fine.
... yea ...

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Mon May 05, 2008 1:07 am

you will need more than just decrypter by itself. [actually the ripper doesn't matter a whole lot...] if you haven't done so, get the AMVapp from this guide. or if you are confident enough, get the package from the beta guide

it's all that other stuff, and a lot of reading that will save you in the end. so without getting into the gory details, like making a d2v index of the footage, then opening it with an avisynth script to get rid of the interlacing etc... follow the guides and things will work themselves out.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

Anths555
Org Profile

Post by Anths555 » Sat May 10, 2008 12:55 am

ok well i read the guide but i dont understand alot of it i realy need some to sit down and explane it to me
anyways this is what i have done
in VirtualDub under filters i added deinterlace and saved the clip and came out mint
its at 25fps but thats what it was at when i riped them off the dvds

after reading the giude i sort of understand some of the stuff better but alot of it i just couldnt get my head round it

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”