m2v too fast

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
OnnaVidel
Org Profile

m2v too fast

Post by OnnaVidel » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:09 pm

I used FFX2mov to get the files from the PS2 disk of FFX. The problem is that the file plays waaayyy too fast. The frame rate is at the normal 29.97. People have said to try TEPGEnc, but it won't let you covert with m2v. I tried reducing the frame rate. That just makes it very jumpy instead of smooth. :cry:
~ Satan Videl

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:52 am

You have to use DGIndex to index the file first, and then use the resultant .d2v in an AviSynth script which you can give to VirtualDub, etc. I noticed that behavior when my sister needed footage from the game, and that was the conclusion I came to.

OnnaVidel
Org Profile

Post by OnnaVidel » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:00 pm

Qyot27 wrote:You have to use DGIndex to index the file first, and then use the resultant .d2v in an AviSynth script which you can give to VirtualDub, etc. I noticed that behavior when my sister needed footage from the game, and that was the conclusion I came to.
I tried VirtualDub and VirtualDubMod and they both can't read the .d2v file.
~ Satan Videl

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:30 pm

OnnaVidel wrote:
Qyot27 wrote:You have to use DGIndex to index the file first, and then use the resultant .d2v in an AviSynth script which you can give to VirtualDub, etc. I noticed that behavior when my sister needed footage from the game, and that was the conclusion I came to.
I tried VirtualDub and VirtualDubMod and they both can't read the .d2v file.
The .d2v has to be loaded in an AviSynth script first.

This section really needs updating, but the basics of how to use AviSynth are covered here:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... synth.html

The proper function to use with .d2v files is MPEG2Source. As long as you have AviSynth installed and DGDecode.dll that came in the package with DGIndex in your AviSynth plugins folder, then it'll work. Both VDubs accept .avs files (and with VirtualDubMod, you can use the Open via AviSynth option and choose the loader plugin for the file so you don't have to write a script yourself - in VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.1 and prior, this is a separate option in the File menu; in 1.5.10.2, it's part of the regular Open dialog, represented as a drop-down menu with the loader plugins).

VirtualDubMod itself can also open .m2v files directly, as can VirtualDub itself (provided it's version 1.7.6 or higher and has the proper MPEG-2 plugin).

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”