psp pmf to avi

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
teet
Org Profile

psp pmf to avi

Post by teet » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:00 pm

has anyone converted a .pmf file to avi.need help.

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:00 pm

which game do you need help with?

teet
Org Profile

Post by teet » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:46 pm

naruto,warriors orochi and not to sure bout crisis core :?

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:24 am

http://forums.maxconsole.net/archive/in ... 49255.html

use this method to try to convert Naruto's pmf files. Crisis Core is a different story though. Locating and extracting the pmf files is more difficult compared to most psp games. And the US version of crisis core requires an annoying extra step in order to convert the .pmf files to avi. So if you're still interested in crisis core, I suggest trying to get a hold of the japanese iso. But if your dead set on attempting to rip the US version, let me know. (It's a lot of info to type up, so I don't want to be bothered unless you're absolutely sure you want to know.)

teet
Org Profile

Post by teet » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:43 pm

can u plz explain how to convert the crisis core us version thanks :roll:

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:54 pm

Before I start, I should let you know that I'm only going to walk you through how to rip the fmv's. That's it. Instructions on how to rip DMW scenes or some of the in-game cutscenes will not be included.

I hope you're ready for this.

First you'll need a hex editor. I use winhex. You can download it here.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/s6lc40

Next you'll need nova software extractor 2.5
http://www.volny.cz/nova-software/files/extr25.zip

Part 1: Extracting the fmv's
1.)Open up winhex and drag the FFVII iso into the hex editor window.

2.)Press alt+G

3.)In the "Go to offset" window, paste/type this "4D75F000" and click ok. The hex editor will immediately scroll down to that precise location within the iso.

4.)Within the hex editing window, you should see the following line characters right next to the offset that was posted above (4D75F000).

000001BA44000E3C747D0186A3F80000

Click on the first 0 at the very beginning of the line and press alt+1

5.) Now scroll all the way to the bottom of the iso by dragging the bar on the right-most side of the hex editing window all the way down.

6.) The last characters of the iso should be composed of a bunch of 0's and 1's. Click on the last character of the iso (1) and press alt+2. You should see every hex character from the 4D75F000 offset to the final offset highlighted in blue at this point.

7.) Press ctrl+shift+n to bring up the "save as" window. Give it whatever file name you want and then click save. You should now have exported a file from the iso that's 397 mb in size.

8.) Open up the nova extractor program

9.) Scroll down to and check off the MPG option listed under the "Type" section of the window.

10.) Click the uppermost "select" button to select the file you exported out of winhex. Then click the second "select" button to chose where you want extracted files to be saved to.

11.) Click the start button and wait. The program will scan through the extracted file and locate 19 mpg files. When the program completes the scan, check off all the mpg files and click the "extract" button at the bottom of the window.
------------------------------------------part1 completed---------------------------------------------------------------

You should now have officially extracted all the fmv's to crisis core. Here comes the annoying part. Download this:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/n0iwra

US Crisis Core fmv's lack headers. Without headers, media players won't play them and converters won't convert them. This means you have to put in the proper headers yourself using a hex editor. Fortunately I have the headers. But it'll be up to you to correctly place each header on it's respective pmf file.

Posting each header here would take up way too much space -- which is why I've typed up a notepad document listing each and every header for all 19 fmv's which can be downloaded above.

1.) Open up winhex

2.) drag the 1st .mpg file that nova extractor ripped, into the winhex window.

3.) Go to "file"--->"new" and then click the "ok" button. This should produce a new hex document consisting of 2 zero's.

4.) Open up the .txt you downloaded that lists all the headers.

5.) Copy all the characters starting from the characters following "fmv1" all the way to the characters proceeding "fmv2". (The first character starts with a "5" and the final character ends with a 0.) I spaced them out so you should have a relatively easy time seeing where each header begins and ends.

6.) Now go back to the new hex document you created within winhex and press ctrl+v to paste the header you just copied from the notepad document. A couple prompts will show up. Just click "yes" and "ok.

7.) When prompted to chose the "clipboard format", chose the "ASCII hex" option and click "ok".

8.) Delete the first 2 zero's at the very beginning of the hex document by highlighting them with your mouse and then pressing ctrl+x.

9.) now click on the tab corresponding to the fmv document that you dragged into winhex during step 2.

10.) Highlight every character within the file by clicking on the 1st character and pressing alt+1 and then scrolling all the way down to the final character and pressing alt+2. This should highlight the entire document in blue.

11.) Now press ctrl+shift+c to copy all the hex values.

12.) Now return to the new hex document by clicking on the appropriate tab.

13.) Scroll down to the final character of the document and click it.

14.) Press ctrl+v to paste all the hex characters you copied after the final character in the document. By doing this you've just attached the header to the fmv.

15.) Repeat step 10 and then press ctrl+shift+n to save the fmv. Give it whatever name you want along with a .pmf extension.

Now you should be able to convert the fmv normally using the method found in the link I posted yesterday.

Now repeat steps 1-15 18 more times and you'll be done. :roll:

Be careful to copy the appropriate header from the notepad document each time. fmv1 corresponds to the 1st fmv nova extractor extracted. fmv2 corresponds to the 2nd. fmv3 corresponds to the 3rd, and so on and so forth until you reach fmv19.

If all this seems long, repetitive, and confusing...well that's because it is -- especially at first.

teet
Org Profile

Post by teet » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:20 pm

thank you for your help and I'll post or p.m u if i get through with it.i have 1 more stupid thing 2 ask is Mega Man Maverick Hunter X similar to naruto or crisis core? thanks. :roll:

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:25 pm

The normal methods for converting pmf to avi work for maverick hunter x. So the method is similar to Naruto and most other psp games.

teet
Org Profile

Post by teet » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:35 pm

another stupid question is there a way to get the in-game cutscenes from crisis core :?:

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:48 pm

very few of them can be ripped. You're better off trying to capture them.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=87279

btw, there's no need to keep calling your questions "stupid" -- because they're really not.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”