How do I get footage of Kingdom Hearts?

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
guardiansoulblade
Org Profile

How do I get footage of Kingdom Hearts?

Post by guardiansoulblade » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:18 pm

I know the rules say that downloading video footage is a no-no, and I do know of a site where to get video clips from the game, but is there a way I can get it off the Ps2 Discs, because I HAVE the game and footage, but it's downloaded footage, and that's no allowed here, so what do I do?

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:21 pm

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:36 pm

if you are talking about the original Kingdom Hearts, then the only way to get the footage yourself is to actually play the game and capture it yourself with a capture device/program... (what I'm procrastinating on)

however there was a guy working on an extractor for the PAL version of the game, that is not really any help for the NTSC version...

If you are trying to extract from Kingdom Hearts II you can use this method to get SOME of the cut scenes from that game.

or you can always try getting creative with equipment you already have O.o
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Downloaded clips of this game tend to be super low quality....

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:52 pm

is there a way I can get it off the Ps2 Discs
There sure is :)

Just use the extractor which i developed a while back it only works for the NTSC American Version not the PAL unfortunatly :( . (i had to wast $50 to get the copy of KH NTSC to create this thing. Now I have 2 copies of KH :( )
however there was a guy working on an extractor for the PAL version of the game, that is not really any help for the NTSC version...
I was working on both the PAL and NTSC version although the NTSC version was the only one i could get working no idea why it didnt work for PAL. but anyways if your're still interested in the NTSC extractor.The link is below

Links:
http://www.divshare.com/download/1639467-e1b

It can only extract the ending so far. I have a much more complete version which can extract ending, intro, secret ending, trailer etc alhough i don't plan to release it.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:39 pm

I'd like to be able to extract the secret ending :/

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:34 pm

ffxdean wrote:It can only extract the ending so far. I have a much more complete version which can extract ending, intro, secret ending, trailer etc alhough i don't plan to release it.
Is this "much more complete version" still flawed in someway, or do you feel uncomfortable sharing it for some other (more personal) reason?

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:37 pm

Is this "much more complete version" still flawed in someway

Yes it is a complete version with no flaws.

The only reason i dont want to release, is that i spent alot of time (wasting time, money and what not) and in the end, get nothing in return........ So yeah its kind of a personal thing.

ffxdean
Org Profile

Post by ffxdean » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:38 pm

sorry about that................. although i may upload it someday although it will be very unlikley.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:46 pm

thing is im currently capturing all the in-game cut scenes, but i don't know if I'd have the patience to actually do what it takes to get the uber awesome secret trailer to capture it that way :/ and something that could extract that for me would be super helpful O.o

shame you won't share it at all :(

MaggIvy
Org Profile

Post by MaggIvy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:55 am

I think the easiest way to get that scene is to play the game in proud mode. Nothing else needs to be done. Unless you want to.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”