I rented out an art gallery to do a retrospective of my AMVs!

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
ProstrateConstantly
Org Profile

I rented out an art gallery to do a retrospective of my AMVs!

Post by ProstrateConstantly » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:54 pm

I had been toying with the idea of giving the rundown of the background behind my AMVs for a good while, including doing a podcast episode or some sort of video essay, and neither felt right in terms of presentation. Then I was at a local concert at an art gallery where they mentioned they do a show every night, and I was like "wait a show every night, they must not all be good then right", and I got in touch with the owner who was a super super nice and accommodating and let me rent out his space for an evening!

I go through a selection of my videos here complete with long, rambly, introspective, and very much TMI loaded introductions (fair warning that some of the stuff I talk about here does get very intimate and personal to a pretty intense level, but I do really try and keep it lighthearted throughout). I was incredibly moved by the turnout of people packing the small, sweaty venue and the very kind response I got from the attendees both during and after the show was deeply affecting and cathartic for me.

I think there's stuff here that a lot of people who are drawn to AMVs as a form of expression, as well as anime as a whole, can resonate with. For those who feel compelled to check it out, as well as those in the AMV community and beyond who have been such supportive and inspiring forces for me throughout the years, I am incredibly grateful.

[Unfortunately it's only available on Google Drive for now til I can get some copyright disputes resolved for it on Youtube]

seasons
Org Profile

Re: I rented out an art gallery to do a retrospective of my AMVs!

Post by seasons » Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:08 pm

Everyone here ought to watch this.

It might make you wonder what you'd have to say if you had a chance like this yourself!

ProstrateConstantly
Org Profile

Re: I rented out an art gallery to do a retrospective of my AMVs!

Post by ProstrateConstantly » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:42 pm

Youtube link finally available!

seasons wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:08 pm
Everyone here ought to watch this.

It might make you wonder what you'd have to say if you had a chance like this yourself!
Thank you so much for checkin it out Seasons 🙏

I only hope that other people would have less socks involved in their anecdotes

Return to “General AMV”