Yuri!!! on Ice

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Yuri!!! on Ice

Post by Kireblue » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:53 pm

ANN wrote:Yūri Katsuki carried all of Japan's hopes on his shoulders to win at the Gran Prix Finale ice skating competition, but suffered a crushing defeat. He returns home to Kyushu and half feels like he wants to retire, and half feels like he wants to continue ice skating. Suddenly the five-time consecutive world championship ice skater Victor Nikiforov appears before him with Yuri Plisetsky, a young Russian figure skater who is already defeating his seniors. Victor and both Yuris take up the challenge on an unprecedented Gran Prix series.
Image Available on Crunchyroll

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Yuri!!! on Ice

Post by mirkosp » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:21 am

The animations here are excellent as I expected them to be (examples: 1, 2), it's definitely going to be one of the most used sources of the season in AMVs, if it doesn't fly under editors' radars.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:47 am

mirkosp wrote:The animations here are excellent as I expected them to be (examples: 1, 2), it's definitely going to be one of the most used sources of the season in AMVs, if it doesn't fly under editors' radars.
oh wow. That animation really is good. I'm already slightly triggered over the misleading tittle though :asd:

Tigrin
Org Profile

Post by Tigrin » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm loving this anime so far, everything about it is top notch. As an animator I really geek out over how good not just the ice skating scenes are but also moments like the ones linked above. As a total fujoshi I definitely don't mind all the subtext either. :T

Camichan19
Org Profile

Post by Camichan19 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:55 pm

I figured this show would be gimmicky and "meh" at best, but it continues to impress me each new episode, and now I'm fully invested.
Potential for AotS for me.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:14 pm

Absolutely love how much camera movement this show has. Really wanna try to edit something with it. And can't wait for a clean OP of this

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”