Windows Movie Maker = Good Videos

For help and discussion concerning the Windows Movie Maker software.
Larz
Org Profile

Windows Movie Maker = Good Videos

Post by Larz » Thu Oct 31, 2002 3:26 pm

I have been using and making Anime Music Videos with Windows Movie Maker for 3 years now, and I love the program. There are a couple of things that bug me about the program but overall it's my favorite video-editing program. Just all the timing conventions, and everything. I know a lot of people hate the program, but I am one of very few that really like the program. I have done so much with the program, It's so a good program. If any of you have any questions about making a video, using Windows Movie Maker, just ask me, and I'll tell you.

AIM Name: Beatslars
"This is mine and mine alone and no one can't take that away from me, not even you" ~Lars

y2kwizard
Org Profile

Post by y2kwizard » Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:45 pm

Do you honestly prefer it over Premiere? I've messed around with WMM for a few hours, and I would take Premiere over WMM any day.
"When I got fat, I decided to grow a beard" -- The Great Andy
"Is it a DARTH visor?" and "It's funny cuz it's pants" -- The Master of on-the-spot Funniness
"You're too young for your age" and "I'm sorry for apologizing so much" -- The Master of on-the-spot Randomness

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:47 pm

you're so limited when using WMM and to say that it's your fav. program makes me wonder how many *different* programs you really have used. But hey, to each their own.
<a href="http://www.senpaiproductions.net">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =326">View My Profile</a>
The Thrill of The Kill Is Alive and Well!

matt51
Org Profile

Adobe Premiere

Post by matt51 » Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:58 am

Well, I think Adobe Premiere is the best program you can have if you want to make really good MVids... ^^
I know, it's the last day on earth...

Gamastrike
Org Profile

Hello

Post by Gamastrike » Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:55 pm

im new to making AMVs, and new to these message boards. I want to know how on WMM you can upload DVD footage to your computer then change it to .mpeg or avi.

Aetherfukz
Org Profile

Post by Aetherfukz » Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:32 pm

This is standing already in more posts than I can count, but anyway, you could use EasyDivX (what I use, uncomplicated, quite fast, and its freeware) to rip DVDs in one step to DivX avis. But I would recommend reading AbsoluteDestiny's and Ermac's Guide for getting the most out of your source.

Just go here:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... ogetb.html

HungryCrackPot
Spammer Time
Org Profile

Post by HungryCrackPot » Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:56 pm

While we're on the subject, where can I get a coppy of WMM? I tried the microsoft site and couldnt find it anywhere. He is some technical stuff:
License: FREE
If anyone knows where I can get this or maybe a program like it witht he above qualifications, it would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your time and concern.

NicholasDWolfwood
Org Profile

Post by NicholasDWolfwood » Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:02 pm

It only comes with XP Pro and ME. You can't find it for download anywhere, unless somebody zips the program files up, uploads it to their webspace and then gives you the link.

stormybaka
Org Profile

Post by stormybaka » Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:28 pm

I can zip it an email it...But in regards to putting a link on my site...No BS like wmm is going to be there, bad enough it's on my comp...But that's what goes with XP I guess...Can't delete the f***er off my comp...

btw There are two free software programs out there that I know of...
WMM and MovieXone...Have used both and MovieXone is better than WMM...But Premiere kicks arse over both programs...Unless your stupid enough to shell out about $600, when your friends get it for free... :cry:

Squall3X
Org Profile

Post by Squall3X » Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:12 pm

wmm blows but wmm2 is shweeet. better than some fucken 500 dollar 'premiere' shit. with wmm2 you can add effects, transitions, animated titles and credits, with so many options, and you can change the quality and all this awsome stuff. premiere can lick my wang for being so expensive and making it so using it will consume weeks of your life, while making a great video with wmm2 only takes 1-3 hours depending on your effort.
-Squall3X:
'I'd rather lose like a hero, than win button mashing.'

www.glowingquarter.tk
www.invisionfree.com/forums/Squall3X

Return to “Windows Movie Maker”