Jessica Lynch

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
FATTY_VM
Org Profile

Jessica Lynch

Post by FATTY_VM » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:26 am

hahahaaa ... anyone else find this funny?
...the problem I see a lot is that many good amv makers think they suck, and many bad amv makers think they're good.
I've seen it happen, man! I've SEEN IT!..
--Rob Kenchu

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:47 am

LOL! :lol:

Man, propaganda DOES suck.
ImageImage

HungryCrackPot
Spammer Time
Org Profile

Post by HungryCrackPot » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:57 am

I don't know what you all find so funny. I was not at all amused. I'm glad that Flynt did what he thought was right.
ImageImageImageImageImage

El Banana
Org Profile

Post by El Banana » Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:17 am

Jessica Who?
I like bugging people. Deal with it.

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:17 am

i had a feeling this was coming... playboy (i think) shot photos of the women of enron after the scandal, and then there was the anna kournikova fiasco. but at least larry flynt did the honorable thing with the jessica lynch pictures as hcp mentioned.

nonetheless, there are probably gonna be hundreds of doctored jessica lynch nude images floating on kazaa.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:31 am

Although I think it's ridiculous that she be considered a hero, I don't blame her at all...she doesn't remember it supposedly. It wasn't her idea to make it a media circus in the first place. I think that is what Mr. Flynt discovered as well. Not once have I heard te names of the people who rescued her, or the names of the others held hostage in a mainstream news program. At least there is Newshour.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:38 am

Although I do find it silly that people that go through stuff like this (torture, rape, imprisonment; even if all those don't apply) are turned into heroes, I think it is good that she is regarded as something akin to one. I could never consider her a hero for being a victim, but I pity her. The fact that she seems to accept it as a part of life makes me regard her highly.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Nemoxs
Org Profile

Post by Nemoxs » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:05 am

I think a solider coming back from iraq (who got booed by the way) said it best,

"While that girl was over there getting "rescued" we where NOT getting shot, instead getting up every morning and doing our best to live in this hell we're suppose to be saving, ironicly, we're "saving" the same people that are killing our asses, now that was real hell, and do I get a purple heart? No, Fuck you jessica lynch."

Indeed.

Kracus
Org Profile

Post by Kracus » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:18 am

And lets not forget about the couple in CA (I believe) that aren't getting any help from the military even through child protective services are threating to take their 5 kids away. However, the military is forcing the two parents back into active duty. Don't hear much about that.

or the couple of people who have gotten injured over there but haven't recieved any money yet from the military for medical bills. But lynch has a book and a 'made for tv' movie that did worse then dumbass elizabeth smart.

samurairyu
Org Profile

Post by samurairyu » Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:31 pm

Let it also be known that the she was never actually taken prisoner. The doctors at the hospital treated her for injuries from a vehicle crash and there was no evidence of rape. The hospital offered to give the keys to the special forces that wanted her back but they literaly told them "no, we'll just kick the door in like in movies." :shock:
They also video-taped it.
Does anyone honestly believe that if they were going into a hostile fortress they would bring a camera-man?

She's the poster child of our little war that ended so long ago but of the Iraqis didn't get that memo. She gets to go home while others must face the dogs of Bushy's war :evil:
...no fear no sadness!

Return to “General Off Topic”